Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Review: Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover

TitleMaybe Someday

Author: Colleen Hoover

Genre: New Adult

***Recommended reading age 18+ due to mild language and sexual situations.***

Publication: 2014

Series: Standalone

Main Characters: Sydney and Ridge

***5 Stars***

Blurb from GoodReads:

At twenty-two years old, aspiring musician Sydney Blake has a great life: She’s in college, working a steady job, in love with her wonderful boyfriend, Hunter, and rooming with her good friend, Tori. But everything changes when she discovers Hunter cheating on her with Tori—and she is left trying to decide what to do next.

Sydney becomes captivated by her mysterious neighbor, Ridge Lawson. She can’t take her eyes off him or stop listening to the daily guitar playing he does out on his balcony. She can feel the harmony and vibrations in his music. And there’s something about Sydney that Ridge can’t ignore, either: He seems to have finally found his muse. When their inevitable encounter happens, they soon find themselves needing each other in more ways than one…



My thoughts: 
I must say that I kept putting off reading this title after seeing so many other reviews about it. I just made the mistake of starting it at midnight on my last day of vacation. I stayed up way too late and still had another 40 pages to go. 

***Spoiler - ish:   While I'm not really a fan of cheating storylines, it works here. I found the relationships believable and even got teary eyed while devouring this book.  This book did not disappoint in my opinion. Rollercoaster of emotions and before I even finished this book, I found myself "one-clicking" a few more of her titles. 

All the songs mentioned in the book were actually created into a soundtrack sung by Griffin Peterson.
So if you really want to hear the songs performed go to www.colleenhoover.com and check out the links. 

No comments:

Post a Comment