Sunday, August 11, 2013

My Other Obsession: Movies

So last weekend, I cataloged my book and movie collections. According to my records, I have 407 physical copies of books and 778 physical copies of dvds (movies and tv shows). 
Since I reorganized my shelves, I felt compelled to watch a few movies that I hadn't seen in a while. I should be ashamed to say that I have several that I've never even opened. (I blame the $5 bin at WalMart... LOL)
So to start off this past week, I've watched 5 from my collection. 

The Chamber (1996)  Chris O'Donnell and Gene Hackman
A young man fresh out of law school tries to win a reprieve for his racist grandfather who is on death row. This is also a John Grisham novel.

In a Class of His Own (1999) Lou Diamond Phillips
Based on a true story about a high school janitor who will lose his job because he never graduated. His learning disabilities make passing the equivalency exam almost impossible. This was first released as a TV movie on the Hallmark Channel. 

Letters to Juliet (2010) Amanda Seyfried and Vanessa Redgrave
Sophie dreams of becoming a writer and travels to Verona, Italy where she meets the "Secretaries of Juliet".

Sneakers (1992) Robert Redford, Sidney Poiter, Dan Aykroyd, River Phoenix
Complex thriller about computers and cryptography, government and espionage, secrets and deception and betrayal.

With Honors (1994) Brendan Fraser, Joe Pesci, Patrick Dempsey, Moira Kelly
Convinced his thesis will have him graduate with honors from Harvard University, a stuffy student finds himself at the mercy of a homeless man's demands when he holds the papers hostage. 

 I'm going to try to do at least one post a week on what movies I've watched. Maybe this way I'll actually watch the ones I've owned for many many years but have never opened. 

So tell me, have you watched any older movies recently?  Perused your collection lately? 


No comments:

Post a Comment